1844 - 1887 (43 years)
||John Spinks Wallace |
||Moore County, NC
||Lauderdale County, AL
||16 May 1887
||Lauderdale County, AL
||Lauderdale County, AL at Canerday Cemetery
|Patriarch & Matriarch
| Everet Wallace
Abt 1770 d.
Abt 1845 (Age ~ 75 years) (Grandfather) Nancy
Between 1750 and 1760 (Great Grandmother)
- 1850, Aug 5 -- Census, Moore County, NC Page 165
Enoch Wallis 36 M, Farmer, Born in NC
Malvina Wallis 28 F, Born in NC
Hiram Wallis 15 M, Born in NC
Hamilton Wallis 12 M, Born in NC
Isham Wallis 10 M, Born in NC
Spinks Wallis 6 M, Born in NC
Christian Wallis 2 F, Born in NC
1860, Sep 13 -- Census, Moore County, NC Page 229-230, Carthage Post Office
Enoch Wallace 45 M, Farmer, $60 Personal Property, Born in NC
Malvina Wallace 37 F, Born in
Spinks Wallace 12 M, Born in NC
Christine Wallace 9 F, Born in NC
Isham Wallace 18 M, Born in NC
1880 -- Census, Lauderdale County, AL Page 104, Township 1, Beat #5
Spinks Wallace 34 M, Head, Married, Farmer, Born in NC, Father and Mother Born in NC
Olivy Wallace 32 F, Wife, Married, Keeping House, Born in AL, Father and Mother Born in AL
Mary Wallace 4 F, Dau, Single, Born in AL, Father Born in NC, Mother Born in AL
Linnie Wallace 1 F, Dau, Single, Born in AL, Father Born in NC, Mother Born in AL
John Anderson 25 M(b), Other, Single, Laborer on Farm, Born in AL, Father and Mother Born in TN
Liz Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) provided much of the info on John Spinks Wallace and descendants
Peggy Lanier Beavers(Angelfrom77@aol.com ) also descends
||Moore County Wallaces
||20 Oct 2020 |
|| 5 DNA tests are associated with John Spinks Wallace |
||Nancy Olive "Ollie" Canaday, b. 28 May 1848, AL d. 16 Jan 1944 (Age 95 years) [1, 2] |
||22 Dec 1875
||Lauderdale County, AL
| || 1. Mary Wallace, b. 1876 d. 1882 (Age 6 years)|
|+|| 2. Malinda A. Wallace, b. 10 Jan 1879, Lauderdale County, AL d. 27 Nov 1962, Lauderdale County, AL (Age 83 years)|
|+|| 3. George Washington Wallace, b. 6 Nov 1880, Lauderdale County, AL d. 15 Jan 1926, Lauderdale County, AL (Age 45 years)|
|+|| 4. Virgie Lee Wallace, b. 2 Dec 1882 d. 29 Jun 1950 (Age 67 years)|
|+|| 5. Chappel Elizabeth Wallace, b. 8 Nov 1884 d. 15 Dec 1967 (Age 83 years)|
|+|| 6. Thomas Evit Wallace, b. 5 Jul 1887, Lauderdale County, AL d. 5 Jan 1968, Lauderdale County, AL (Age 80 years)|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||9 Jun 2021 |
||John Spinks Wallace|
Husband of Nancy Olive Canaday and son of Enoch Wallace and Malvina Furr
||Moore County, NC DNA Project|
DNA Results and Analysis for Moore County families including Allen, Barrett, Bean, Brewer, Britt, Brown, Burns, Caddell, Cagle, Carpenter, Caviness, Chriscoe, Cockman, Cole, Comer, Davis, Deaton, Dunn, Furr, Garner, Hancock, Hardin, Hare, Horner, Hunsucker, Hussey, Jackson, Kennedy, Key, Kidd, Lawrence, Maness, McIntosh, McLendon, McNeill, Melton, Monroe, Moore, Morgan, Muse, Nall, Phillips, Richardson, Riddle, Ritter, Sanders, Seawell, Sheffield, Smith, Stewart, Stutts, Sullivan, Wallace, Welch, Williams, Williamson and Wright
- [S1129] Liz Moore [email@example.com].
- [S1140] Peggy Beavers [firstname.lastname@example.org], 13 May 2006.
I do not know if you know the story about Mary Wallace, daughter of Spinks and Nancy Ollie Ibby Canaday. What I have been told (from Grandma B) was that Mary had told Ollie that she was going to die and where she wanted to be buried, I think that she may had been around 7 or 8 when she died, The following is on the internet:
NOTE: According to Mrs. Eula Mae (Richardson) Townsend, when Mary Wallace was a little girl, probably under 10 years of age, she told her mother that she was going to die, and that she wanted to be buried by this little bush she had picked out where this cemetery is now. She was the daughter of Spinks and Ollie (Canerday) Wallace. She was the first person buried here. [ back ]
I am in the middle of transfering everything off of paper and onto my computer, it sure takes a long time. This is what I can give you right now.
John Spinks Wallace and Nancy Olive (Ollie) Ibby Canada (daughter of Curtis A Canada & Mary A (Polly) Roberson. Polly is the daughter of Mills Roberson and Olive Calhorn granddaughter of Tyree Roberson. John and Ollie married in Lauderdale Co, AL on Dec 22, 1875
1.Mary born 1876 probably in Lauderdale County AL, buried at Canerday Cem, Laud Co, AL
2. Malinda A b Jan 10, 1879 in Lauderdale County, AL d Nov 27, 1962
3.George, Nov 16, 1880-Jan 15, 1926, married on June 3, 1900 in Lauderdale County AL Celia Ann McGee, Jan 23, 1881-Oct 19, 1965, daughter of Welcome McGee (son of Jacob McGee and Elizabeth Richardson) and Mary Alice Clemmons. Ma B said that George had hung himself from a tree in the yard, they found him when they got home from church. He supposedly had done this because of loosing his crop to the boweavils.
4. Virgie Wallace b After 1880
5. Chapel Wallace b Nov 8, 1884 Lauderdale Co, AL d Dec 15, 1967 Lauderdale married J. Wylie Jenkins
6. Thomas E. b July 1887 Laud Co, d 1968 Lauderdale Co
Children of George & Celia Wallace:
1. Maudie Lee Apr 21, 1901 d Dec 8, 1901
2. Ira Leland Feb 13, 1904 d July 4, 1984
3. Ollie Irene March 12, 1907, d May 6 1994 buried in Hill Cemetery, Lauderdale Co AL
4. Fletcher Allen Feb 2, 1910 (sorry I do not have the death dates, it was before Irene died),
5. Homer, March 28, 1913, died June 1989 married Mabel Robertson (the children I know is Beverly, married Waymon Beavers, had one daughter, Leslie), Myra (has been married twice, children by both husbands, there is another daughter and son, I will try to think to ask my husband for their names and the names of George and Celia's other grandchildren)
6. Oscar April 1916, d. 2005 children include Jimmy, Robert (Dub), Edna again I will have to get the rest and his wife's name
7. A.D (actual name, not initials) Mar 2, 1919 d June 1989 children, Gail, Charles, Jeannie, & George
8. Ruby May 15, 1922 (the only one still living, twin to Reba),
9. Reba May 15, 1922 married Malachi (Pete) McGee, two sons Roger & ?
Ollie Irene married Bennie Lee Beavers son of George Wesley & Margaret Elizabeth Thigpen Beavers, b June 4, 1906, d July 6, 1979. married in Lauderdale County Oct 5, 1924.children:
1. Frankie Mae b July 21, 1925 buried at Hill Cem married Homer Roberson, children James Ernest (b Hill Cem) married Joyce Crouch their children are Shelia (Tim Mardis, they have 3 sons and a daughter), Mark, Michael & Kristi:(sorry I do not know spouses or children for the other 3) and Stella Mae married Junior Trousdale(b Hill cem) their children are Quinton (b Hill Cem), Teresa (m Dexter Tubbs, has son Alan, another son and daughter), Debbie married with 2 sons and Kim married with 2 children.
2. George Wesley (Bill) Oct 10, 1927-Dec 1994 married Gertrude Glover Bill is buried at Hill Cem along with son George Junior (d 1980 about 28 years old) he had 3 children, Anessa (married Jonathan Richey, they have a daughter and son and Jon (not married)with Linda ? and Carrie (not married) by Mary?. Bill and Gertrude had 3 daughters also, Peggy Joyce (has been married several times) her children are Scarlett by Harlan Lard, Frank by Sonny Womble, and Brandi Autumn by Jerry Sparks. "Polly" Elizabeth Ann? married O.B Minyard (b Hill Cem) they had 3 daughters, Sonja, Tracy & ?. Carolyn married Mark Richardson their children are Andrea (married John Mark Henry, they have 2 daughters, she remarried and has another child, Alison (sorry I don't know her husband or children, and Lucas, not married.
Sorry I should had listed by ages Polly, Peggy, Junior and Carolyn.
3. William James born Jan 11, 1934 d Oct 15, 1993, b Hill Cem.married Bonnie Nell Campbell (married in Iuka, MS, June 1952) daughter of Harvey Milford Campbell and Lula Mae Cheek children are:
Linda Joann married Henry Arnt Camp III , son of Henry Arnt Camp Jr and Lucille? their children are Brittany Dawn & Micah-Chad
William Stanley married Peggy Sue Lanier daughter of Billy Austin Lanier, (Jan 31, 1936-Mar 3, 1997), & Dessie Lou Michael our children are Sarah Nicole and Jaime Dianne
Robert Wayne b Feb 15, 1959, drowned March 27,1980 ( Hill Cem) never married, no children
4. Joyce Elaine married Dorris Richardson their children are (in order) Donna Kay, married Brad Watkins(child Layla Dawn, married?), Tammy Renea married Tim Cabler (children Jessica, Joshua, & Kyle, none are married), and Stephanie Dawn married Danny Carr Jr, no children.
This site powered by v. 14.0.3, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2023.
Maintained by .
Created and maintained by Morgan Jackson